>OK, so I'm still harping on lifestyle as preferable over drugs in treating
and >preventing chronic illnesses -- nice to have my opinion backed up so
decisively!  (Not >that meds aren't often necessary and life-saving; I just
don't like to hear them always >put ahead of nutrition and exercise etc.)

I'd be curious to see if the lifestyle and weight loss group continued to
include follow ups of all the failures. You know of course, that weight
loss programs that do not involve surgery have about a 3% sucess rate after
2 years....so my guess is that these folks are simply ignored in the study.
Oherwise, they will have come up with unprecedented techniques for weight
loss sucess...orders of magnitude better than any program previous to this.

That's why my wife's physician strongly reccomended this surgery for her.
After 5 years, she's 120 lbs lighter, and now has two new knees and can be
active.  She's within about 10 lbs of her absolue minimum weight, which is
better than average.

Dan M.

VFP Just say no to food.