On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Julia <ju...@zurg.net> wrote:

> I'm wondering how many people in the US are seeing flags at half-mast.
>
> We've been seeing an awful lot around here, in the wake of the Ft. Hood
> shootings, but Ft. Hood is practically in our back yard.  I'm wondering how
> aware other folks are, and if they've been flying flags at half-mast in
> other states.

I was on a retreat the last few days, so I haven't really been out and about
much... but feel also free to fly a flag at half-staff tomorrow in memory of
those KIA in Iraq, because tomorrow, it will be five years since my niece's
husband gave his life for his country in Fallujah.  It is also the Marine
Corps birthday.  And you can keep you flag low, of course, for Veteran's Day
on Wednesday.

Nick