Alberto Monteiro wrote:
David Hobby wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Hph-wayuo
Alberto--

Hi.  I think you can make a good case to keep it,
since it involves a major character in a series
of popular science fiction novels.

No, not my language, not my place to battle. I've tried
to keep the Portuguese language trolls away from deleting
relevant material - I can say I have been half-successful.

Alberto--

Wow, I guess it is my place to battle.  I've been going
back and forth with the "troll", at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Alvin_Hph-wayuo

Some of this is because I don't really understand his
criteria, or what the problem is with having an entry.

The pages for the books should also link to Alvin's
page.  But wait, the entry at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity%27s_Shore
is just a stub...

Yes, it's a stub, and fortunately so. Another stupid decision
made in the English wikipedia was that spoilers are _not_
marked as such. Just take a look a the article about
"The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre" movie...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Passion_of_the_Christ
... or about the Titanic (the nazi rip-off by Cameron)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1997_film)
... and see how carelessly it gives the end of both movies without
respect for those who don't know the stories!

Aren't they usually marked as plot synopses, or
something?  But you're right, I bet a lot of people
don't care about avoiding spoilers.

O.K., so maybe the problem is that a case can eventually
be made for Wikipedia to keep the page, but that
the related pages aren't detailed enough yet.  I
can see developing a Wiki devoted to the Uplift
Universe in the meantime, and copying its content
onto Wikipedia as time passes.

I think the best would be to do the opposite: create an Uplift wiki,
copy _from_ Wikipedia, and remove from Wikipedia.

And all the Wikipedia articles would have would be a
link to the extra material?  That seems fair, too.

                                ---David