Jon Louis Mann wrote:
... My sense is that this is a philosophical thing to him--he's in
the "Deletionist" camp on Wikipedia, who want to limit the number
of articles on "non-notable topics".  (He also questions articles
on minor academic journals, people I've never heard of, and so on.)

Thanks, David, for that succinct, but thorough explanation of what
motivates the troll and one way to circumvent it.  The fact that this
character is operating behind a false persona indicates he doesn't
even have the convictions of his "philosophical" principles. ---Jon

Jon--

Actually, using a nickname is very common among
Wikipedia editors, good and bad.  (It took me a
while to figure out who "Albmont" was, even.)

                        ---David