Charlie Bell wrote:
On 23/02/2010, at 7:39 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Jon Louis Mann <net_democr...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Michael, what job is it that's so draining

FYI, folks, he signed off the list right after posting his message, so don't
expect answers.

Shame.
C.

I emailed him offlist about it, and here's his reply:

David Hobby wrote:
Michael Harney wrote:
I thought I was ready to come back here.  I was wrong.  I was too
damaged by the last few years of my life working in a job that I
was ill suited for but had to do to make ends meet.  I'll come
back when I relearn patience.

Michael--

Hi.  Nick says you signed off right after you sent this.  A bunch
of us replied, saying "please stay".  You seem patient enough.

I've gotten pretty adept at editing myself before sending anything.
If you had read some of the first drafts, you would know what I mean.
When I read some of the emails my first feelings are anger,
frustration and disgust.  While typing my replies, I realize after a
while that I am overreacting, so I go back and reword, edit, and
sometimes just delete emails before sending them.  I'll be coming
back.  Probably summer when I am less stressed, better rested, and
less likely to overreact.

(Unless you wound up spending more time than you had free on your
long post.  I can see how that could be a problem.)

No, my posts haven't taken too much of my time.  I just need to find
a way back to where I don't have the knee jerk reaction of feeling
anger when I hear someone say something I strongly disagree with.  I
think a big part of the problem is that while I was at my prior job,
I was taking anti-anxiety meds in the form of SSRIs so that I could
cope.  I have since stopped taking those medications, and so when
anything stresses me I just don't deal with it very well.  I need to
get used to being off of those meds. I appreciate people wanting me
to stay.  It means a lot to me.  Like I said, I will be coming back
in time.  Feel free to forward this to the list if you think the list
members would like to know a little more about why I am leaving for
now.