Nick Arnett wrote:

> Our grandson wanted to see it for his birthday, so we went to
> the drive-in and saw Prince of Persia and Clash of the Titans.
> I slept through much of them.

At least Prince of Persia doesn't claim to be based in History,
but on a kill-em-all videogame.

> I don't know why they even used the names of various gods in
> the latter movie - the characters had hardly anything to do
> with the actual myths.  Well, perhaps I do know why - it
> makes it seem as though there might be some educational
> value in seeing it.  But that would be mistaken.  It is
> undoubtedly counter-productive for the most part.

It's Evil, pure and simple Evil. Why they can't stick to History
or Mythology, or even stay close to the books the movie is
supposed to be based on, and just play with the visual? Those that
did that became classicals: Ben Hur, Caligula and 300 will be
forever remembered, while this Clash of Titans (like the previous)
will be thrown in the trash.

Alberto Monteiro