It's taken over 10 years and really was pure luck, but I've finally seen
cougars in the wild, about 1/4 mile from where I live - whoohoo!  We were
driving out at dusk, and there they were: a pair (courting?) just ~ 30 ft (10
meters, A?) off the road.  They looked in good shape, without any big scars,
moving fluidly, glossy-coated.  I think the big one was a male, as it was a
little jowly (like a tomcat, not fat!), and the slighter one was both shyer and
appeared svelte, not 'lollopy' like an adolescent.

It was a good wildlife-sighting week: turkey chicks, a pair of golden eagles (I
was told they're the local breeding pair at Ken Caryl), a hawk family with an
eyas (that's the term for a now-flying chick, IIRC) and as the jewels in the
crown, cougars.

Debbi
Can You Feel The Love Tonight? Maru   :D