On Oct 21, 2010, at 2:02 PM, John Williams wrote:

> But since you want to modify an agreement in your favor, you more or
> less need to jump through their hoops, even if they are ridiculous.

John, do you believe in negotiation/ old fashion bargaining?
There is always the option to walk away from the deal/house if you do not care
"to jump through their hoops".  Part of the initial contract, I am sure, was a
very clear discussion of the grounds for foreclosure which go into effect when
you decide not "to jump through their hoops". As it is part of the contract, I
do not think it is dishonorable for one party or the other to cause the clause
to be implemented.  Tough on lenders in a depressed real estate market, tough
on the borrower's credit rating in this world of impersonal automated credit
ratings, not to mention the borrower's net worth, but not dishonorable.

Chris Frandsen