I seriously doubt it, since the first part isn't what people assume about war
in the first place.
But the second; I'd suggest the US is in this war for the benefit of several
corporations, and that they still can and will benefit. There was never any
possibility these wars would benefit the country, anyway; it always has been
about providing opportunity for Halliburton, et al.
Such wars also will continue as long as government thinks they need to help
corporations instead of citizens (as long as they think the two are
synonymous).

Mitch

[from mePad]