> From: Damon Agretto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Or perhaps they did it just a little earlier to
> disrupt any insurgents' plot to strike at a nice,
> vulnerable target when everyone important in Iraq are
> in the same place...

That was my thought as well upon first hearing the news.  I expected
(and still expect) attack after attack over the next couple of days
leading up to the handover.  This cuts that off.  Instead of those
being attacks against the "occupying government", those attacks will
be attacks against the "Iraqi government".  Or something like
that...

Hopefully, I'll be wrong and there won't be those sorts of
attacks...

 - jmh

Keeping My Fingers and Toes Crossed Maru