Matthew wrote:

On 6/30/04 2:48 PM, "Doug Pensinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ali, our white boxer dog, aged eleven years nine months, passed on this
morning.  He was a good and faithfull dog and quite a character as well.
He will be sorely missed.

As an owner of a nearly thirteen year old wolf/lab mix who is showing the
signs of passing on, my condolences go out to you and your family. I would
feel much better if Aristotle passed in his sleep as Ali did. It would hurt
more for me to have him put down.

Thanks, all, for the kind words. We in fact did have Ali put down this morning, I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. He was having great difficulty breathing, wasn't eating and he was miserable. After watching another of our dogs die slowly over a period of weeks last August, I have no doubt we did the right thing this time. That doesn't mean I think it's the right thing for you or anyone else, just that in this case we did what was best for Ali and ourselves.

--
Doug