http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/07/13/mexico.chip.reut/index.html

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (Reuters) -- Mexico's attorney general said on Monday he
had had a microchip inserted under the skin of one of his arms to give him
access to a new crime database and also enable him to be traced if he is ever
abducted.

---

I know there've been parents wanting to get GPS chips implanted in kids. I'm
curious how people view the safety vs privacy issue here. I'm of two minds. I
think of how the hostage thing might have played out if foreign workers in
Iraq had them...

And although no one is talking about preventative tracking (like the Probies
in _Sundiver_) yet, I expect the idea will occur to a politician eventually...

-Amanda