On 14 Jul 2004, at 11:31 pm, Damon Agretto wrote:

Here's what I picked up from a Catholic friend...

The reason why birth control is not accepted by the
Catholic church is because of the belief that sex is
to a) bring a man and a woman closer together and b)
allow life to be created, which is seen to be as a
gift from God. By using something that prevents
fertilization (like a condom), you are denying the
gift God gives to you. Other forms of birth control
usually prevent the fertilized egg from embedding in
the uterus, and is by default an abortion (Catholic
theology believes life starts at fertilization, and to
deny implantation is akin to an abortion).

Indeed, and what has this to do with a non-Catholic? Freedom of religion implies freedom from religion. Am I supposed to not eat a bacon sandwich ? Should my wife cover her hair?

If you don't like it, don't do it, but don't try and impose your weird ideas on me.

-- William T Goodall Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible."
- Bertrand Russell