From: "The Fool"
> The House of representatives is right now, as of 2:30Central, voting on a
> bill (HR3213) that completely undermines the constitution, elevating laws
> passed by the congress to same level as the constitution itself.

H.R. 3213 is, as far as I can tell, not up for a vote, and is about reviewing
federal agencies for outdated functions.

They did just pass H.R. 3313, which apparently prevents federal courts and the
Supreme Court  from ordering states to recognize gay marriages that are
considered legal in other states...  I assume that's the one you mean?

H.R. 3313
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Marriage Protection Act of 2004'.

SEC. 2. LIMITATION ON JURISDICTION.

(a) In General- Chapter 99 of title 28, United States Code, is amended by
adding at the end the following:

`Sec. 1632. Limitation on jurisdiction

`No court created by Act of Congress shall have any jurisdiction, and the
Supreme Court shall have no appellate jurisdiction, to hear or decide any
question pertaining to the interpretation of, or the validity under the
Constitution of, section 1738C or this section.'.

(b) Amendments to the Table of Sections- The table of sections at the
beginning of chapter 99 of title 28, United States Code, is amended by adding
at the end the following new item:

`1632. Limitation on jurisdiction.'.
Union Calendar No. 374

>From the AP article on the vote: "Many speakers said they believe the
legislation is unconstitutional, but legal scholars said the constitutional
issue is unresolved."