I wrote earlier in this thread that a new drug ought
to be studied to actual rather than surrogate
endpoint/s, and gave a cholesterol-lowering medication
as an example.  This article came to my inbox today:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/91/101005.htm
"...Vytorin's imminent approval has some experts
excited because of studies showing it can lower LDL or
"bad" cholesterol more effectively than a statin
alone.

"But others are urge caution, warning that Vytorin's
manufacturers have not proven that the drug actually
prevents more cardiovascular events or deaths than
currently available drugs..."

OK, so I _do_ like to have back-up for my opinions...
<wry smile>

Debbi
Addicted To Documentation? Maru