From: Ben Peek
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 12:18 PM
Subject: [BD] Tour date changes

Is there an official statement from the UKU about the date change of tour 1?

What is the bidding process - what are the criteria for deciding which bid is accepted?  Is this decided by the DOC?
I think a bit more transparency would be useful, i.e a summary of the bids that were submitted with proposed costs and a list of the facilities. At least this way people know they're not being fleeced - (not that I'm saying that's the case in this situation)

If there weren't any bids in for the original date then maybe we should be informed a while ago before any decision was made. At least clubs would have a chance to put their own bids together. What's the point in announcing the dates in advance if they're going to be changed?

I'm not saying that the change of date is in any way dodgy or sinister but a bit more info about what bids have been accepted and would be appreciated.

Sorry, just having a moan - one of those days!

Ben
Flyght Club