Dear Britdisc –

With the election of UKU looming large on the horizon – combined with the general attitude adapted by the incumbent team, I thought it was important that the Openness and Transparency of UKU was discussed.

If you don’t want to read this email – I will cut a long story short. Laura Pearce gets my vote – simply because she is the only candidate to mention the importance of communication. I urge everybody to vote for Laura.

I recognise that the UKU is run in peoples spare time – which I know everybody is grateful for. A big thank you to you all.

However, it is also run by the same group of people who have been running the Frisbee scene in the UK for years.

An attitude prevails through to many arguments that if you don’t like it, you should stand / run a tournament. (Should I mention something about your Mother here?). This is just crap and dam right wrong.

For example, I know of capable, committed, but unknown players who have asked and requested to host for tours every year for the last few years. I have seen the facilities, they are awesome. They have been rejected because the bids can not be verified / benchmarked against anything, accept the prevailing views of the same of group who have been doing this for years. Because the organisation is shit - we end up firefighting.

It would be simple to have bench mark dates for bid submission for the tour e.g. If you want to run a tour in 2004, you must submit your bid by October 01. 2003. This will include details on costs, food, accommodation etc. There is nothing wrong with somebody running a tournament to make a profit, but it sucks that it goes un-checked. How were the tour slots allocated for this year?

Because of the incompetent and shambolic way that UKU is run, ensures that the whole of UK Ultimate is dependent on the decisions of a few people.

The members are elected to represent the views of the whole of the UKU community. Does anybody know how many players play Ultimate in the UK. It is the same old tired views we here on Britdisc.

Make UKU open and transparent.

Thanks

James Teamshark

_________________________________________________________________ Chat online in real time with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk