Nice geography Chris. Did you consult with Dave "Copenhagen" Barnard to come out with this?
Fatboy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:24 PM
Subject: [BD] Great Britain or UK?

I read the Euro Gazette for the up and coming European Championships 2003 and noticed that they were refering to us as the U.K. and not GB. Do we want to inform the EUC committee that we are playing as Great Britain? It would look a bit strange if we had GB on our shirts and UK on the schedule, scoreboards etc...

This raises the issue whether UKU is infact the GBU or does it consiously include Northern Ireland in its administration? Do NI teams know they can submit their own national team into the EUC  if we are playing as GB? Should we infact be playing as UK?

For those unsure of the difference... United Kingdom is officially "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland." Great Britain is the large island, consisting of England, Scotland, and Wales. Northern Ireland is that chunk at the north-east quarter of the island of Ireland. (The rest of the island of Ireland is the Republic of Ireland, an independent country.)

Chris Berry (Chevron North)

Christopher Berry  BSc AKC GradCIWM AIQ

Consulting Engineer

Silkstone Environmental Limited