Dear All,

Re Nationals 13th / 14th September

Firstly, and least importantly, Jo is bloke not a girl.

Secondly and very importantly why the late date change.
The change of personnel at the beginning of the year and the effects thereof
have been documented elsewhere so I shall not bore you by repeating myself.
The date for Nationals was set for the 6th / 7th Sept back in March / April
this year when their were no firm bids, just soft bids available except for
a "reserve" bid from Matt and I at the Tour 1 venue to ensure that the event
did have a degree of certainty about taking place. The only possible date
for the Bristol venue was this date.  Needless to say, as Bristol had
already been a venue for a Tour this year it was felt that ideally we should
using another locality. Much effort was put into this from the various soft
bids, but at the beginning of June / end of May this reserve option was
taken away from us as the Bristol venue had a requirement from the private
school which owns them and this removed the premier pitches and hence
removed Bristol from the table. The soft options then all fell by the
wayside leaving us with a change of date and Jo's bid being the only option.
Hence the date change. On the positive side, the venue does appear to have a
very high pedigree. This final information about date change and venue has
been known for about a week or so but the details were being finalised and
hence, have only now been released.

Moving on:
The future does look brighter as the following years schedule is now being
put together in the September / October along with invitations to bid and a
set of minimum standards for all UKU tournaments to aspire to, with various
codes of practice for all concerned. So for next year, dates, venues etc
will all be known and set before the beginning of the year. Also, of course,
their will be the much talked about changes to the Tour which should ease
the problems with venue size.

Thirdly, on behalf of the organisation of our sport, I would like to
apologise for the inconvenience this action will cause some of you and I
wish that it had not occurred.

Fourthly I would like to thank Rik Shipley and his crew for being so
brilliantly accommodating and successful in moving Glastonbury. You make
life easier for those trying to run our sport.

Fifthly! On a positive note is does give all our GB squad members an extra
week to recover which is no small benefit for the quality of Ultimate at our
National Championships!

Hope this makes it clearer, but as ever, if you have any queries call your
mo....! Actually don't, just let me know and I will try and answer them.

Cheers
Adam Batchelor
Punchbag for Chris Hughes DoC!