Dear UKU,

It is my understanding that UKU memberships expire at 31/12/2003.
I note from the UKU website that there's a proposal to adjust (and rename) membership
categories.

Is there any news on when the re-subscription process will commence?
It isn't mentioned in the 16/11/03 "UKUA Member Update, Nov 2003" email I received.

I'm assuming that the Personal Accident and Insurance that each appropriately paid up
member/player has will also expire at 31/12/2003? Please confirm.

In my understanding of past years, a player had to become an appropriately paid up
member of UKU before the date of the first official (i.e. containing UKU in the title)
event in which they intended to play. In chronological sequence, these used to be:
Indoor Regionals; Indoor Nationals; Open Tour 1.

It is also my understanding that the insurance policy now covers participation in ALL
Ultimate events (including training sessions and non-official events)

I fear that a 16/12/2003 announcement of the renewal process may be too late for many
(e.g. students) to renew before 03/01/2004 (Indoor Open Qualifiers and Winter League).
Indeed, many Indoor players will not be allowed to participate in a Qualifying
tournament if they are not appropriately paid up members?

I feel that this is of considerable importance to the peace of mind of a multitude of
Indoor and Winter League players, and would be grateful of a rapid, and public,
response.

Regards
Wayne

---