> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [BD] Re: Tournament Bids 2004/5
> To: Robert Alpen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: Britdisc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> how does he always manage to be right?

Because you play for Clapham.

> cheers mal
> clapham ultimate

I pretty much agree with Mr Randy on this, and have contributed to the UKU
discussion on domestic ultimate to this effect. I believe they are planning
to discuss the idea further at the Annual Conference (Oct 23rd). Why not
turn up and tell them what you think?

In fact, I would advocate an even shorter Open season of 6-8 weeks, and
would have no problem with dropping one Tour to introduce regional
qualifiers (perhaps Scotland, The North and The South to start with) for a
smaller Nationals. Nationals in turn could, and should, become a qualifier
for an annual European Clubs Championship. The UPA run Sectionals >
Regionals > Nationals in the space of 5 weeks (see
http://www.upa.org/club/2004_calendar/2004_fall_open.shtml ). We could, and
should, do the same.

Rob
Chevron