hey hey,

i think the idea of condensing the season is probably a good idea but i'd also like to
see consistency between tour dates. we had over a month between open tour 1 and 2 and
only 2 weeks between tours 2 and 3. obviously this is dependant on the bids that are
recieved but surely this has some kind of effect on the attendance for the mixed tour?

also if players want the tour reduced to 3 events because they are playing too much
ultimate then maybe they need to consider what there priorities are? if you're worried
about being tired for other events then maybe dont play in all the events and/or
matches. if we continue the analogy of football you certainly dont see all the players
playing every game and they certainly rest before and after international duty.

i find that i learn a lot more and faster at the tours than at training. this is
despite the fact that i have to pushups for making a mistake but mainly because i'm in
the b tour and i have lots to learn. because of this i want to play as many
competitive games as possible. since this is probably not the case for those in the
top teams maybe just the a tour could be reduced. that way we could incorporate the
idea of a nationals qualifiers for the b tour and the a tour can concentrate hard for
the tour and then hard for internationals if necessary.

enough rambling from me
play nice you crazy kids

ewen
utb #79

ps usual disclaimer, my thoughts not necessarilty those of my teammates or anyone
sensible