I thought I'd add something, being a Junior myself (I play for Mowers
   - Birkenhead based team).

   A problem with trying to introduce a new sport to people my age is the
   scepticism. Most people around my age are indoctrinated with ideas
   that the sports to go for are Football, Rugby, Cricket, true British
   sports! They stereotypically see a frisbee and thing "Beach" or
   something vague like that. It's all well and good talking about
   introducing it to people at an earlier age, but it's increasingly
   difficult because people just don't take it seriously. For the past
   year I've been trying to convince some people in my school that they
   should make their own team, because they are enthusiastic and they
   aren't bad. Yet they take it too lightly, and just dismiss the
   suggestion.
   People see Ultimate as a mess around sport, which obviously Ultimate
   players realise that it is infact a great sport with a good social
   side, and doesn't have the competitive nature of Football to the
   degree that it will always have 'Spirit'.
   Another problem is when young people see a team, they will probably
   think a few things - kit is one of them, for example. We are currently
   in the process of ordering our own kit, and the effort that has gone
   into it has been rather high, which some people our age couldn't take
   because they need to be catered for. Football heirarchies will arrange
   everything for their players, and the players will have little say
   into club developments. Ultimate is different in that generally
   players in a team are friends, so it is run in direct democratic
   fashion, instead of representative, which some younger people cannot
   handle, or be bothered with.

   I want to see Ultimate develop at a youth stage as much as anyone
   else, but I though I'd highlight two areas that I believe are
   hindering this process, from my own experience.

   Dale Walker
   Mowers