From: Retter, Wayne (Redhill) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Winter
League Contacts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 23 September 2004 12:33
Subject: [BD] LONDON Winter League 2004/2005

London Winter League 2004-2005

Dates:
Will be a series of 4 ONE-DAY events, on the following weekends:
November 06 / 07
December 11 / 12
January 08 / 09
February 12 / 13
(general consensus indicates that playing on Sundays may be preferred - TBC
by [lwl-contacts])

And hopefully culminate in the Charity Shield (involving teams from other
regional Winter Leagues)
March 12 / 13

Probable Venues:
* Clapham Common
* Wandsworth Common
* Other? (Regents Park?)

Format:
The format will be similar to last year:
We will run several divisions, with promotion/relegation between each event;
Games will be approx 1hr each in duration;
Dependent of the number of teams participating on each date, teams may play
as many as 5 (shorter) games in each event.

Participation Fees:
There will be a small team fee (£10-£20) per event. This will be used toward
funding trophies, tournament supplies (e.g. scoreboards and cones), admin
costs, and recompensing the organisers for their time and effort.

Signing Up:
Please email me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to advise:
* that your team (tell me your team name) would like to participate;
* a captain/contact name & email address & mobile number (I'll add them to
our [lwl-contacts] mailing list);
* a secondary contact name & email address & mobile number (I'll add them to
our [lwl-contacts] mailing list);

Additionally...
If you know of any other suitable venues, please feel free to make
well-researched (i.e. is the space available on a Saturday/Sunday; can we
fit several pitches in; will goalposts/footballers be a problem; might we
have to pay...) suggestions. Regents Park may be a possibility again this
year?

LWL Committee
2003/04 LWLC members: Roger Thomson (Clapham); Wayne Retter (Clapham);
Gareth Jones (Clapham); Nicole Roberts (ABH); Pete Cotton (Fire)

The LWLC is responsible for running the LWL: devising seedings and formats;
writing the event schedules; running the events; collating and reporting on
results; maintaining the website
(http://www.londonultimate.com/winterleague); and other administrative
things...

The LWLC would like to evolve, especially to involve more division 2 and 3
representatives. Please email me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) if you'd be
interested in being a part of the LWLC for 2004/05.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Wayne Retter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
London Winter League