This email is to gauge interest in a South-West Winter league.

Please reply to me if you are interested.

Our basic proposal is run a Tour style winter league - the idea being that
you play two long games at each event, against teams of a similar rank.

We think this will be more meaningful than playing many short games
against widely varying teams. The other advantage is that you won't need a
huge squad, so hopefully some teams will be able to send more than one
squad so that everybody gets plenty of play.

This will be based on team seedings after Nationals. The events will run
on the same Sunday as other geo winter leagues. We have agreed with the
organisers of the London Winter League that the winning team will get a
place in the Charity Shield event at the end of the winter season, and if
we get enough teams and can split into two divisions (A+B), we will also
offer a place in the Charity Mug event to the winner of the B division.

How exactly we will run this and decide who plays who will be worked out
once we know what kind of interest we have from which teams. Therefore, if
you are interested, please let me know. I'd be interested to hear any
ideas that would make this more appealing to you, as well as how committed
you would be as a team.

Jack