Saturday 19th November saw women from across the midlands join up in Birmingham for the first (to my knowledge) midlands women's training day. Over 40 women attended the training day which included skill-based drill stations in the morning, a layout clinic at lunch, and a hat tournament in the afternoon. Overall the day was a great success, with more women than I knew played in the region attending and almost perfect weather for playing (considering the time of year). My thanks go to all the girls who helped out with the day, especially those who ran the drill stations, and to all the women who turned up and made it so much fun!

Building from the success of this first day we're now looking to bring together a new geo womens team for the midlands region with the aim of competing on the women's tour next summer. If you're interested in joining in, or just want to be kept informed please email me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or check out our egroup where all information will be posted from now on
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/midlandwomensultimate/
This team is open to all women in the midlands region and, from the looks of the training day, promises to be a great fun team to be part of.

Hope to see some of you at training soon,

Ali Smith