Let me start by saying that I have an actual use case for this in the
measurement framework and I'm not just messing around. :)

function add_x(x: count): function(a: count): count
        {
        local tmp = function(a: count): count
                {
                # The 'x' variable ends up receiving the value of the same
arity as my inner
                # defined function instead of the value of the outer scope
where 'x' is.
                return a+x;
                };
        return tmp;
        }

event bro_init()
        {
        local my_adder = add_x(5);
        print my_adder(1); # hopefully would print 6, but it prints 2

        local your_adder = add_x(100);
        print your_adder(2); # hopefully would print 102, but it prints 4
        }

Would this functionality working like I wish it did be difficult?  It would
make a very nice usability feature for the measurement framework when setting
thresholds.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall