> On Jun 5, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Slagell, Adam J <slag...@illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> Regardless, it seems that you and Jon have irreconcilable differences that
> eliminate plugin or package. And as the PI and implementer, I give high
> weight to both of your opinions. Would either of you object to extensions?
>
> So while I *really* hate to do this, I will throw out bro-bee and Bro
> Extensions for Everyone.

We haven’t had a lot of time to reconcile, but my stance is that it’s not
logical to choose a project name that introduces ambiguity in the naming of the
top-level containers it deals with.

Some paths to move forward that I see:

1) revisit the design of what the top-level container is

2) use plugins as top-level container and project name that refers to plugins

3) use plugins as top-level container and project name that is totally
unrelated to the container name

4) use plugins as top-level container, a project name that refers to them by a
different name, and then suggest how docs should be written or re-organized to
avoid ambiguity.  I’m only being slightly facetious here, I really would need
extra help/effort with guidelines for what term to use in what situations.
e.g. is it ok to call it a “plugin” when referring directly to existing plugin
docs, but I should use the other term otherwise?  Seems better to avoid the
extra effort and strain this path puts on maintaining consistent/clear docs.

- Jon