On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 15:53 +0000, you wrote:

> When selecting a version, `bro-pkg update` only considers newer x.y.z
> release tags for that package.  When selecting a branch, it tracks
> updates along that branch.

Ok, sounds like I should think about it not as "master" then, but as
"HEAD on the master branch". So let's say the first time I install a
package, there're tags v1.0 and v1.1 on master, but master's HEAD is
already a bit ahead, without a new version set yet. What gets
installed when I don't specify a version? 1.1? And what does update do
when (1) later a new version got set, and (2) master then moves beyond
that version?

It would be good to spell this all out clearly in the documentation,
including in the quick start / examples, so that people understand how
to use the versioning effectively.

> I’ll make —aggregate flag operate on all sources then add an optional
> "—source <source>” flag for those that just want to operate on a
> single one.

Makes sense.

Robin

--