This year at BroCon we announced that the Bro Project will be changing its
name. While “Bro” was originally meant as an Orwellian reminder of the risk
that any monitoring fundamentally entails, it has more recently gained a very
different, and quite offensive, reputation (“Bro culture”). To avoid facing
instant negative impressions with new users that aren’t aware of the history,
the Leadership Team has decided to seek a name change.

We are accepting proposed names from the community for two months (due Monday
December 4th). The Leadership Team will review the list of possible names and
narrow it down to 5 finalists. We will announce the finalists and take a second
round of feedback from the community before making the final selection. We hope
to announce the new name within the next major release.

To submit a proposed name, fill out the form here:

https://goo.gl/forms/qwR8s6Yd4H0Bu8Ca2

------
Jeannette Dopheide
Sr. Education, Outreach, and Training Coordinator