On Saturday 16 September 2006 00:34, Christian Jul Jensen wrote:
> Vores gærstarter lugter af svovl.

Ok, en kvik google-søgning på sulphur og homebrew gav en del hits i stil med
det her:

"Yeast starters should smell like (are you ready?) YEAST.  I find yeast
to have a very strong sulphur component.  I don't have my Miller or Noonan
books here at work, but I recall yeast making lots of sulphur compounds in
the early stages of fermentation.  These normally get scrubbed out over
time by the CO2.  Ale yeasts are SUPPOSED to generate esters, so I assume
your yeast is okay." (http://www.hbd.org/hbd/archive/525.html#525-3)

Så vi fortsætter ufortrødent :)

--
- Christian Jul Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* this mail is signed with GnuPG. If all you
* see is a file of unknown type, your mail client
* does not support it, just ignore it, it is not
* a virus, or have a look at http://openpgp.org/