On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:04:28PM +0200, Lars Thybo Thomsen wrote:

> Det er en SAFLAGER T-58 gær jeg bruger, kan godt være det er et dumt
> spørgsmål, men hvordan ved jeg om det er en overgær eller en
> undergær??

The simple rule is that if it says LAGER or PILSNER on it, then it is a
bottom fermenter. If it says ALE on it, it is a top fermenter. If it
does not say, it is a top fermenter.

You can also look at the temperature. If you brew at room temperature,
it is an ale. If you cool your fermenters down, it is bottom fermenting
yeast.

There are exceptions, but even they

   will be beer anyway

      -H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk