On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 10:05:05AM +0100, Vibeke Skjoldager Ljung wrote:

> Tak! Jamen så svarer det jo godt til at jeg skal lægge 0,5% til, da jeg
> havde tilsat det 150 g sukker til ca. 23 liter øl!

You added 150g/23l = 6.5 g/l. As Torben Says, 16 g/l makes 1% alc, so you
can expect 6.5/16 = 0.4 % alcohol from that account.

So, yes, you can add 0.5% if that makes you feel happier. But since the
gravity measurements are not very precise to begin with, and the formula
to calculate alcohol of them is approximate at best, you might as well
just round it up to the next full %.

After all, the important thing should not be the precise alcohol percentage,
but the good taste, and the proud feeling of having produced so good

   beer anyway

     -H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk