www.chinaview.cn 2006-05-12 15:32:32

Indonesia disappointed with Chen's moves in Batam

          JAKARTA, May 12 (Xinhua) -- Indonesia was disappointed on the illegal moves of China's Taiwan leader Chen Shuibian on Batam island, stressing consistency on one China policy, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Yuri Thamrin said here on Friday.

          The spokesman said Indonesia deplored activities carried out by the Taiwan leader beyond refueling contact and his stay here, which was longer than the period given for refueling.

          Indonesian expected the Chen's plane, China Airlines CI1590 arrived here on 14:00 p.m. Thursday, to leave the airport after refueling, but he stayed on the island until 10:00 a.m. on Friday, and conducted some other activities, Yuri complained.

          However, the spokesman said that there was no any official contact during his stay on the island, in western part of Indonesia.

          "I have checked the governor office (of Kepulauan Riau province), there was no official contact," he noted.

          Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono asked the governor of the province to give a report about Chen's activity on the island and warned the governor to pay a serious attention to the matter, according to Indonesian chief security minister WidodoAdi Sucipto.

          "We still stick on our one China policy, and we hope our relation with China will persistently strong," Yuri told a pres conference.

          He said the foreign ministry did not make any arrangement, as it was a technical landing only.

          "We expect this settlement can delete any possible misunderstanding," said Yuri.

          He said that Indonesian Foreign Ministry will continue to coordinate with relevant parties to prevent this accident from happening in the future. Enditem

.: Forum Diskusi Budaya Tionghua dan Sejarah Tiongkok :.

.: Kunjungi website global : http://www.budaya-tionghoa.org :.