Menurut kamus Tianxia artinya = 1. world; everywhere under heaven 2. China

Terjemahan kata Tianxia di film Hero memang sering dipermasalahkan dan bisa
dibaca di sini:
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Tianxia

Tianxia
All under heaven (Chinese: 天下; pinyin: tiān xià) is a concept in Chinese
history. It was related to the Chinese conception of China as the Middle
Kingdom, the center of the universe. In ancient Chinese political thought, the
Chinese emperor would ideally rule all under heaven, that is, the entire world,
which was possible because China was considered to be so vast that it
encompassed all the world. The known kingdoms that lay outside of China were
considered to be barbaric, and many of them paid tribute to the Chinese emperor
and were under the suzerainty of the Chinese empire.

Since ancient times, the Chinese emperor has used the concept of all under
heaven to justify his rule of China. In more modern times, the concept of all
under heaven has controversially used as a justification for Chinese
reunification, applied to Taiwan and Tibet.

Usage in the film Hero -2002

The original English subtitles for the film when it was released in East Asia
used the phrase "all under heaven" as the translation for 天下 tiān xi�. This was
slightly problematic because several times throughout the film, 天下 tiān xi� is
referred to as a two-character phrase. Since "all under heaven" is a three-word
English phrase, it was necessary to substitute "three words" for "two words" in
other parts of the subtitle translation when the characters in the film are
discussing the phrase.

However, when the film was released in the United States in 2004, the English
subtitle translation was changed to "our land". While this retained the
property of 天下 tiān xi� consisting of only two words/characters, this
translation was severely criticized by many Chinese speakers in the United
States because it lost the essence of the meaning of all under heaven.

In the West, Hero received generally positive reviews from movie critics; it
also did well at the box office, setting a record as the highest-grossing
opening-weekend foreign language film in the United States. However, some
critics criticized Hero for its apparent endorsement of authoritarian
governments and for its perceived support of Chinese reunification using the
justification of all under heaven.

Reference
Paludan, Ann. Chronicle of the Chinese Emperors: The Reign-By-Reign Record of
the Rulers of Imperial China. London: Thames and Hudson, 1998.
Categories: History of China