Hi, everyone

I just found your very interesting Yahoo group that discusses Chinese
architecture.

It is good that there is interest in my 'The Chinese House' book,
which was published in 1990--a long, long time ago!. It was a very
general book and has been superseded by several books that are much
better. You have my permission to use any of the illustrations (!) but
there are much better ones in my later books.

Some of the newer books are available online either completely as
e-books or in snippet view with just a few pages. If you are
interested in links, just let me know:

CHINESE HOUSES: THE ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE OF A NATION (2005)Excellent
drawings in this book. Available in Periplus/Java Books stores in
Indonesia--also in many university libraries. Previews are available
online
http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Houses-Architectural-Heritage-Nation/dp/0804835373/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234717264&sr=8-12

HOUSE HOME FAMILY: LIVING & BEING CHINESE (2005) (I am now trying to
arrange with the published to get this full book on line) This book is
in full color with contributions by outstanding scholars from
throughout the world--also quite cheap.
http://books.google.com/books?id=uJNUAAAAMAAJ&q=Ronald+G.+Knapp&dq=Ronald+G.+Knapp&pgis=1
CAN VIEW SAMPLE PAGES AND READ A CHAPTER HERE:
http://www.uhpress.hawaii.edu/cart/shopcore/?db_name=uhpress&page=shop/flypage&product_id=3813&category_id=b3e6237d1b1b3b8594488ed1c40d0dfb&PHPSESSID=1c559e9392a97fe68786c728519b0f41

ASIA'S OLD DWELLINGS: TRADITION, RESILIENCE, AND CHANGE (2003)
http://books.google.com/books?id=fUqRHQAACAAJ&dq=Ronald+G.+Knapp

CHINA'S OLD DWELLINGS (2000) This book is a very detailed examination
of Chinese dwellings with a large number of photographs and
drawings--perhaps the best survey of Chinese houses in English
http://books.google.com/books?id=PNnfwOo-WdAC&pg=PP1&dq=Ronald+G.+Knapp&lr=

CHINA'S LIVING HOUSES: FOLK BELIEFS, TRADITIONS, AND THE BUILT
ENVIRONMENT  (1999) Full e-book available through NetLibrary
http://books.google.com/books?id=swbLAAAACAAJ&dq=Ronald+G.+Knapp&lr=

CHINESE LANDSCAPES: THE VILLAGE AS PLACE (1993) Accessible through
google.books
http://books.google.com/books?id=wndqi4A4AIYC&pg=PP1&dq=Ronald+G.+Knapp

There are some other books that I could recommend, if necessary.
--------------
CHINESE BRIDGES: LIVING ARCHITECTURE FROM CHINA'S PAST (2008) This is
my latest book--also available in Periplus/Java Books shops in
Indonesia and many libraries Previews are available online
http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Bridges-Living-Architecture-Chinas/dp/0804838844/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234717264&sr=8-11
------------------------
As some of you know, I am now completing a book to be called CHINESE
HOUSES IN SOUTHEAST ASIA: ECLECTIC ARCHITECTURE OF SOJOURNERS AND
SETTLERS, which will be published in Spring 2009. I am now completing
the manuscript, which I must submit on May 1. When I visited Indonesia
last year, I met many of you, and appreciate VERY MUCH all your help.

I may have some questions that I'll post on this group and would
appreciate your help.

Many thanks!

Ron Knapp
http://www.newpaltz.edu/~knappr (You will find more about Chinese
houses on my homepage)

--- In budaya_tionghua@yahoogroups.com, "David Kwa"
<david_kwa2...@...> wrote:

> Ririk-moay,
>
> Boleh juga kalau saya dikirimi artikel Pasar Lama plus foto-fotonya.
> Salam buat Ngkong Tjin Eng.
>
> Kiongchiu,
> DK
>
> --- In budaya_tionghua@yahoogroups.com, ririk winandari <ririkw@>
> wrote:
> >
> > sugiri.....saya mau dikirim dong file nya...
> > untuk moderator...
> > saya mau share artikel tentang pecinan pasar lama dan foto2...
> > dikirim kemana ya...enaknya? sekalian kalau ada teman2 (terutama
> bung david kwa.....sering banget disebut oleh engkong Tjin eng....he-
> he) yang tahu kemungkinan kesalahan yang saya tulis (soalnya?
> berdasarkan tuturan masyarakat pasar lama....)?

Kirim email ke