Eric,

Thank you. I see what is going on now. Gnulib tracks the development version (this is certainly also wrong and I recommend notifying the Gnulib maintainers; I have added them in CC) and automake's `make fetch' is downloading that (maintainer/maint.mk downloads from SV_GIT_GL).

I personally thought for a while that automake should drop the dependency on the release scripts from gnulib, since our procedure is a bit different anyway. If I remember correctly, Karl objected; perhaps he could suggest another course of action (also in CC).

--
With Valediction,
Kamila Szewczyk (https://iczelia.net)

On 10/8/26 3:16 PM, Eric Dorland via Bug reports for Automake wrote:
As reported in https://bugs.debian.org/1149404 and elaborated on in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2026-10/msg00042.html,
the latest automake release is shipping a broken texinfo.tex from an
upstream git snapshot. Please ship update the shipped version to a
supported release.


Attachment: OpenPGP_0xC868F0B6DE38409D.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to