Dear maintainers,

I'm writing to express my appreciation for your hard work in writing and
maintaining the documentation for Bash. My name is Ajuu Hieda, and I'm
truly grateful for your devotion to the free software community.

While reading the manual "Bash Features"
(https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/bash/manual/bash.html,
2026-10-01), I noticed a few points that might be worth reviewing.

1. In 4.1 "Bourne Shell Builtins", the text reads "The arguments become the
arguments to the command If the -l option is supplied, the shell places
a dash at the beginning of the zeroth argument passed to command." in
the explanation for the builtin "exec". There might be a missing period
between the word "command" and the capitalized "If".

2. In 6.9 "Controlling the Prompt", the word "This" appears to be
misspelled as "Thiss" in the description for the escape sequence "\[".

I hope you don't mind my sharing these observations. I greatly
appreciate your work and I hope you find this feedback helpful.

Best regards,
Ajuu Hieda

Reply via email to