-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

According to James Youngman on 8/7/2005 1:24 PM:
>>However, I am not sure why the leaf files are reporting
>>an error in find, when they listed just fine with ls.
> 
> Sorry, I'm unable to help there since I have no access to a Cygwin
> system to test this.

It turns out that a patch to cygwin to make open(".", O_RDONLY) always
work if the directory is readable fixed find; so that find does the right
thing out-of-the-box (with or without fts) in the upcoming cygwin-1.5.19.
 Unless some other system is found where open(".") violates POSIX
requirements for readable directories, I don't think we need to go to any
great effort in gnulib fts() or in find to work around this cygwin virtual
directory bug.

- --
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFC/Baf84KuGfSFAYARAnJeAKC35gb9Jt1y1RPyps2eN5WoJoat1wCfTgAW
MDtNkQKjtZOFgWcjuTqYkY0=
=lc7l
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


_______________________________________________
Bug-findutils mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-findutils

Reply via email to