Ricardo Wurmus <[email protected]> writes:
> Ben Sturmfels <[email protected]> writes: > >> On Sun, 05 May 2019, Jonathan Frederickson wrote: >> >>> I'm attempting to use Flatpak on my Guix system, and I'm experiencing >>> segfaults when attempting to add a remote repo. Provided below are the >>> output of the command I'm attempting to run, as well as some info >>> about my system. >> >> I learnt on #guix IRC that flatpak works when run with the --user flag: >> >> $ flatpak --user remote-add --if-not-exists flathub >> https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo >> $ flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Builder >> $ flatpak run org.gnome.Builder >> >> The segfaulting behaviour is still a bug in my opinion, because it's >> extremely user un-friendly, and the requirement for --user is not >> obvious. > > Yes, segfaults are always bugs, unless you forced the program to > load garbage. > > I traced the execution of flatpak and saw that it segfaults right after > failing to created /var/lib/flatpak. Sure enough, after creating it > manually the program no longer segfaults. I reported this here: https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/3612 I’d say we close this issue here, because the segfault isn’t our fault. Thoughts? -- Ricardo
