Hi Timo,

Timo Wilken <[email protected]> skribis:

> Some Go source repositories (notably the Google Cloud SDK) contain multiple
> submodules and use a `refs/tags/<submodule>/<version>' tagging scheme.
>
> Fixes <https://bugs.gnu.org/54097>.
>
> * guix/import/go.scm (vcs->origin): Accept a module-path-suffix.
> (go-module->guix-package): Use the new parameter.
> ---
> Here's a patch that fixes the reported issue (bug#54097) for me. I've only
> tested this on the github.com/googleapis/google-cloud-go/compute package so
> far, though it seems to work there. Perhaps others have more testcases?
>
> I don't know enough about Go tooling to use it, so I've just patched the Guile
> logic of the importer. (I don't write Go, I just want to package stuff written
> in it.) In terms of performance, at least the repo contents are apparently
> cached by the first `git-checkout-hash' call, even if it fails, so the second
> call doesn't have to redownload them.

What you propose looks similar to part of the work Simon Tournier
submitted at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63647>.

What would you suggest?  Simon?

Thanks for the patch, Timo!

Ludo’.



Reply via email to