I had both a Solaris V2.5.1 (fully patched as of March 20) and a
Solaris V2.7 (fully patched as of April 10) broken into.  Both had
CDE and were running rpc.cmsd.  I know the breakin was either
due to rpc.cmsd or rpc.rstatd.  Note the breakin occured using
high numbered ports.

In any case, I haven't had any trouble since turning off rpc.rstatd
and rpc.cmsd.

JMH

--
John Hall                               Hostmaster, Postmaster, Network Manager
                                                   Internet Entertainment Group