Von: Bugtraq List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Im Auftrag von Russ Johnson
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1.
Februar 2000 01:25
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: Bypass Virus Checking

I'm using NAV 5.02.00 with all updates and the latest definitions. I have NOT modified the preferences except to turn off the weekly scan of all files. (Such a scan is redundant to scanning files as they are executed. This is the "Auto-Protect" feature of NAV.)

Running the executable "virusexploit0100.exe" caused NAV to alert. It saw the virus signature and denied access to the file. It did this from memory, not from a directory. If normal scanning (Auto-Protect) is turned on (as it is by default) then this exploit should not work in any version of NAV that I'm familiar with, versions 3.0 for Windows 95 and up.

Russ