Regarding this vulnerability:

The problem seems to exist with all versions of lotus 5.04 and up and even
has been confirmed on 4.6.7 (the latest r4 release)
In a standard windows installation situation the url mentioned by George
Guninski will result in the contents of win.ini being displayed, or the file
being downloadable.
After some testing it becomes apparent that the vulnerability only exists on
the drive where the domino program files reside. This means your system
drive if you haven't changed the installer's defaults.
If one has changed the defaults, an url like
http://yourvictim/.nsf/../lotus/domino/notes.ini will still reveal sensitive
information, be it that e.g. /winnt/repair/sam._ cannot be read anymore as
these files are on your system drive.
Forming urls like /.nsf/../../ directly on the root of the target's
webserver will trigger domino's security rules unless you are trying to back
out of a subdir (http://target.com/directory/.nsf/../../thefileyouwant)

In a sensible environment you will change the installation defaults to where
you have a separate system disk, a program disk and a data disk. In the
event of a shared program / data disk, your notes server.id (which is not
password protected) is still for grabs.

So far this vulnerability has  been confirmed on nt4 / win2000 / s390 /
as400 / linux / solaris. (Not all have been tested by me).

I have to agree with Thom Dyson when it comes to announcing this
vulnerability 48 hours after it's discovery.

regards,

Hendrik-Jan Verheij  http://redheat.org
Hostmaster Popin Internet    +31074 2555660
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.popin.nl
Assimilation is irrelevant, You are futile!