Perry Harrington wrote:

> I don't think the behavior should change because of DSR.  DSR is more useful
> than 'rightness' in my opinion.  A switch to turn it off if you don't want it is
> something I'd advocate, but the default should be 'on'.

The FreeBSD guys are making the behaviour switchable with a sysctl, I
believe. However, the default position should clearly be strong, not
weak - people who want weak are rare and really ought to know what
they're doing. POLA dictates that "internal" routing should not occur
when routing is disabled. Further, there's no circumstance I can think
of where it makes sense to route 127/8 from an external interface! That
behaviour should not be switchable.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html