On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Gonzalez Albert wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> How could this be reproduced? I have a couple of Reliant Unix boxes over
> here.
>
> Albert

Hi Albert,

Just connect from a host to the box via ftp, ssh or telnet and during the
connection send from your host an icmp port unreachable (Type 3 code 3),
you can use tools like sing or icmpush, with sing the syntax is

host# ./sing -du -x port-unreach reliantboxaddress

if you want to spoof from another host do

host1# ./sing -du -x port-unreach -S host reliantboxaddress

Any connections beetween host and reliantbox will be dropped.

I've tested this with three different RU server..

Bye

> Hi to all,
>
> I don't know if anyone might be interested in this (Reliant Unix is a sort
> of archaeological OS) but sending an icmp port unreachable error to a RU
> cause an immediate drop of all the connections in progress between the
> server and the icmp-sender host, of course spoofing the icmp address
> originator cause the drop of connections between an arbitrary host.
>
> Bye

NE&T               Network Administrator & Security Officer
Area Science Park - S.S. 14 Km 163.5 Basovizza (TS) - Italy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  - PGP Key 0x8E21FE82 - +39 040 3757938
"How would you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be,'said the Cat,'or you wouldn't have come here"