--- Gadi Evron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David M Chess wrote:
> > But many of us *love* to argue about taxonomies and word meanings (it's
> > cheaper than booze anyway).  *8)
> 1. A user-assisted remote attack.
> 2. A client-side remote attack.
>
> I.e., we can add "user assisted" as a class like "local" and "remote",
> or add types (think ICMP here).

> Vulnerability Types [Optional]
> 1. Client-side
> 2. User-assisted

> Questions remain:
> - How does one treat an SQL injection?

I think essentially the problem of trojans, phishes and poisoned data is that
of masquerading.

For trojans, the problem is e.g. lack of system-attention key; for Phish, lack
of authentication
protocols etc; and for injection, the vulnerability is in the input data
scrubbing.

Injection requires a bug in one place: the (web-)application code.

What follows is leveraged hijacking, with perhaps masquerading as an
intermediate step.

.02

john

NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/