Hey all,

Today I released a new whitepaper "Bypassing Oracle dbms_assert". This
technique makes many already fixed Oracle vulnerabilities (SQL Injection)
exploitable again.

http://www.red-database-security.com/wp/bypass_dbms_assert.pdf

By using specially crafted parameters (in double quotes) it is possible to

bypass the input validation of the security package dbms_assert and inject

SQL code. This makes dozens of already fixed Oracle vulnerabilities exploitable
in all versions of Oracle again (8.1.7.4 - 10.2.0.2, fully patched with Oracle
CPU July 2006). I informed Oracle about this problem end of April 2006. Oracle
has no problem with the release of this information (“Oracle sees no problem
with your publication of the white paper.”)

 Kind Regards

 Alexander Kornbrust

 Red-Database-Security GmbH

 http://www.red-database-security.com