"squinch and a pendentive"

Well I'm screwed, not being an architect, and Webster's doesn't list either of these words, hunh, what?

Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Pre-patinated plastic gumby block w/ coin slot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 3:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [BULK] Re: [BP] Classical greek

In a message dated 10/11/2004 11:19:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Yep. And I learned that pendentives are better. Your age is showing.

Sign you,

Mr. Archaic.
If you're more archaic than I am, you're way too archaic.

For some reason which I no longer remember, I thought there WAS a difference between a squinch and a pendentive, but from my moments-ago reading of Saylor's Dictionary of Architecture, they seem to be the same.  CRS, indeed.

Ralph