stop it chris-
during the great addition i ended up spending thousands of extra dollars upgrading the black and white bathroom to look like the old black and white bathroom- complete with the vanity I built and the antiqued paint job that I had to explain to mrs drew wasn't a poor paint job but a fascimile of an aged job.......
and the kids towels are still on the floor...

Met History wrote:
We had this discussion before, but the archives have been chopped.  Why can't you find modern tile of the same glassy quality of that of 1900-1910 - from the 1904 subway walls to 1910 bathrooms.  Seems to me I recall Steve S. saying something about lead content.   Modern tile is sort of milky and opaque.

Christopher Gray

J.A. Drew Diaz

EDGE Development Construction

Suite 1205